iTunes Lyrics Widget for Yosemite's Today View
This widget for OS X 10.10 Yosemite's Today View shows the lyrics of songs playing in iTunes, if there are lyrics embedded into the track.
- iTunes Lyrics App for OS X 10.11 El Capitan (ZIP, 3MB)
- iTunes Lyrics App for OS X 10.10 Yosemite (ZIP, 5MB) (doesn't work? can't test)
- iTunes Lyrics App src (ZIP, 5MB)
- Download the archive and unpack it
- Move the application to your preferred place, like /Applications/
- Right-click the application and select run from the context menu, click ok—the app will run in background without an icon or window
- Open the Notification Center, on the bottom select Edit and add the widget from the list on the right
- It works.
- Switched from shared data storage to directly sending notifications between application and widget—live updating!
- Some clean up
- Works on OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Ideas for later
- Add option to add/edit lyrics directly in the widget
- Small play/pause/prev/next buttons?